Frequently Asked Support Questions
Ensure your HASP key is plugged in properly to a USB port on your computer
Reboot your computer, and try again – This is a Windows based problem
- Ensure that the Keyspan USB adaptor is plugged into the USB port on your computer.
- Check that the NI Glasses control program is completely closed before launching BioExplorer.
- Make sure the NeuroIntegrator is turned on. The red “Run” light should be lit and on steady.
- Check that the correct COM port is selected. This is usually COM3 for the Keyspan adaptor.
- Turn the NeuroIntegrator off, wait 5 seconds, and then turn it back on.
- Check the connection between the NeuroIntegrator and the computer (or Keyspan)
- Make sure the NeuroIntegrator isn’t connected to the AC Adaptor / Charger.
- Open “My Computer” and check that the CD has been detected and shows up as an “Audio CD” in your disk drive.
- In BioExplorer, Make sure the Music CD Enabled / Disabled button is set to Music CD Enabled.
- Make sure the Windows system volume is set high enough to hear and is not muted. The volume control is usually found in the lower-right corner of the systems tray.
- In BioExplorer click on “Objects” then choose CdPlayer1 and confirm that all of the music tracks have a check mark next to them. If not check each one manually to click on select all then apply and ok.
- Increase the Brightness control on the back of the NeuroIntegrator.
- Make sure the glasses connector is fully inserted into the NeuroIntegrator and is also
fully inserted into the glasses (if applicable).
Make sure the glasses connector is fully inserted into the NeuroIntegrator and is also fully inserted into the glasses (if applicable)
- Check to make sure the control button on the Instruments 2 window is on. The word “control” will be red is it is on.
- Make sure that the DVD player has been turned on in the Instruments 1 window.