Level 1 Training Class
Clear Mind Center offers Clinical, Academic, and Technician certification for Neurofeedback through our partner Dr. Richard Soutar and New Mind Academy. We certify individuals who meet education and training standards in neurofeedback and progressively recertify those who advance their knowledge through continuing education.
Level 1 training is designed by Dr. Richard Soutar and Denise Hetrick to introduce new practioners to neurofeedback. The Level 1 training DVD is included with all new systems and is a vital training tool for all clinicians and doctors. Below is an outline of the topics covered in the level 1 training course.
Intro to EEG Neurofeedback
- We will show how to use neurotherapy in your practice – It is a powerful therapy for ADHD, mood and anxiety disorders, seizures, head injury and peak performance
- Basis EEG Terminology
- EEG & Brainwave states
- 10-20 Electrode Placements
Principles and Practical Considerations
- Operant conditioning principles
- Model for how neurofeedback works – the modular activation coherence approach.
- Intake session, Training parameters.
NeuroIntegrator – System Setup
- Introduction to the NeuroIntegrator software & designs
- Review of the different software screens.
- How to get a good hook-up.
- EEG Artifacts.
How to run a session
- Snap lead hook-up
- Flat lead hook-up
- Practice sessions in groups of two.
Photic Stim Glasses
- The Power of Photic Stim
- How to use Photic Stim with NeuroIntegrator Sessions
– EEG-Driven Photic Stim
– Enhancing a specific frequency.
NUTS & BOLTS OF MARKETING
- How to market your practice
- Advertising your practice
– Open House
EEG NEUROFEEDBACK THEORY
– Brainwaves, Frequency & Filters, Component Band Analysis
- Anatomy & Physiology
– Function & Location, Symptom & Location
– Functional vs. Effective Connectivity
- The Normal Distribution & EEG
– Default Network
– Optimal Performance Zone
– Abnormal Patterns of Distribution
NEUROFEEDBACK FOR SPECIFIC DISORDERS
- Symptom Based Protocols:
– ADD/ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, Dementia, Chronic
– Fatigue, Closed Head Injury, Insomnia, Essential Tremor, Parkinsonism
- QEEG Guided training
– Epilepsy, Seizures, Head Injury
- Photic Driven Neurofeedback
– History of light as medicine
– Psychological and physical aspects of different colors 17Hz yellow for activation, 10Hz for calming
– Use of Colors/Frequencies – Effects
- Dimensions of QEEG
- Measures of Connectivity vs. Activation
- Magnitude, Dominant Frequency, Coherence, Phase, Asymmetry
Brain Report Interpretation
- Multivariate Analysis
- Dashboard Analysis
- Protocol Analysis
- Pre-Post Analysis
-Patterns of Change in EEG Distribution
-Client Presentation of Results
Training Component Bands
- Filters & Thresholds
- Evaluating Training Results
- Correlating Component Bands with Maps
- Harmonic Effects of Entrainment